In this type of testing, the app developers test the app manually, just as the end user would use the app, to confirm whether the app is behaving as it was expected to. The defects encountered are fixed.We generally employ this practice for small projects.
The advantages of manual testing are:
- The short-term costs are low.
- More likely to discover real user concerns
- Manual testing is quite flexible
The disadvantages of manual Testing are:
- Low-level interface regression testing is not possible
- Manual testing is sometimes repetitive and boring.
- Any change in the software requires re-running the software by hand, which results in loss of time.